Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Memo to Mommy

I found this cute article in this month's issue of Parents magazine. I thought I'd jot it down to share and also for me to remember. Sometimes we (mommies) forget.

Memo to Mommy by Mary Mohler
You have a lot of lessons to teach your little one. But he has a few words of wisdom for you too.

  • Stop freaking out about the mess! There's always time to clean - but how
    often do we get to make mud pies?
  • Love me, even when I'm naughty. I'll only be this age once.
  • Be patient. I do everything for a reason, but I don't know enough
    words yet to give you an explanation.
  • Let me do it. I know you can do it faster and better, but sometimes
    experience is the best teacher.
  • Don't expect too much of me. I want to do what you ask and make you
    happy, but I'm still little.
  • Don't try to reason with me when I'm having a tantrum. Trust me - I
    can't hear you over my own screaming.
  • Keep your promises. It's all about trust. When I'm a teenager,
    you'll understand why it's so important.
  • Don't keep asking me if I've been good. I'm not even sure what that
    means, but if I was bad I'd never admit it.
  • Don't let me think that you're perfect. I feel a lot better knowing
    I'm not the only one who makes mistakes sometimes.
  • Set limits. I can't actually eat a whole box of cookies - I just want
    to see if I'd get away with it.

0 comments: