Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The baby story

About three weeks after he was born, I thought, how good of GOD to have such a grand plan and give me this boy as my second child.... because if he gave him to me first, I probably would've stopped there!

He was super cute, BUT, he was also colicky, cranky, and constantly crying!

In other words, he was difficult. And all along during my pregnancy, I did not worry about a thing, because I thought, I had this mommy thing down to the T!

NOT!

I bought books, googled day and night, and hubby and I watched DVDs like "the happiest baby on the block", which, was totally helpful, for a few short weeks, then I needed something more.

So needless to say, on top of my eye issues (which I still need to post about), PPB (yes, truly, i had THE WORST case of PPBs), and cranky, colicky, crying baby, I was in the brink of a breakdown.

Until one unexpected day out of nowhere, baby boy was completely transformed. AS IF i had a brand new baby in tow. Alas! the books were so right! All of them stated that at about 3 months of age, babies get used to their new life outside the womb and start to get the hang of it all.

And yes, my baby boy fell in that category, and yey! for his 3 month old bday, which should've been celebrated with a party... (and perhaps alcohol for mommy : )

And here we are, a week shy of his 8-month old bday, and I am just at awe at how independent and easy he is. Yes, I said it - E.A.S.Y.

He's super mellow and happy as long as he's fed, dry and not sleepy!

And just in the last few weeks, he's learned how to hold his own bottle, crawl, sit-up, and he's even trying to climb the couch!

I'd like to think that he's "advanced" (sure, all of us moms would like to think that). But in reality, I think he's one feisty and determined little baby. I see how he observes his big brother ALL the time, and he wants to play with him, he wants to run with him, and talk to him.

I think he thinks he's doing that already.



He can think ALL he wants, but for now, he's still my teeny little baby, who's baby breath I dream about (while I am at work) and who's little toes I like to bite (nom nom nom).


. . .

0 comments: