Monday, September 8, 2008

Weekends - then & now

When I got on my computer this morning, I told myself that I needed to make a blog entry today. But then I didn't know what to write about, so I thought I should write about my weekend. But then I thought how uneventful my weekend was and thought, hm, how do I even begin to validate my uneventfulness!

To make a long story short, one thought led to another, until I caught myself thinking of how my weekends were, back in the days... or should I say, back in the hay days of pre-mommyhood!

I remember when weekends were....

- about going to the movies....we used to think that 11:30 pm was too early to go home, so hubby and i would catch another movie (after we just finished watching one!)

- about finding another reason to throw a party....our house used to be party central, people came over on Friday nights after work, and sometimes, they stayed until Sunday!

- about drinking and drinking some more.....I used to drink and get drunk like it was my last day on earth!

- about carefree travelling..... taking off to go out of town did not need early planning nor any kind of reservations.

- about extreme adventures and feeling invincible..... snowboarding day trips, jumping off the bridge (and drowning - lol!) and wanting to sky dive and bungee jump!

- about shopping.... and I don't mean for groceries and diapers and car seats (which by the way, we spent last saturday buying 1 carseat for baby boy and 2 booster seats for toddler wonder).... i meant shopping and spending my whole paycheck on shoes, clothes, and cigarettes!

and most importantly....

- about SLEEP and SLEEPING-IN!!!! boy, did I looooove to sleep, and how much i've forgotten what it's like to get a full 8-hr plus of sleep (um, it's been over 7 months since my last uninterrupted sleep).

I could go on and on and on about how my weekends used to be. And now, it's usually just busy, sleep-deprived, and pretty much spent doing laundry, chores, and more laundry.

(SIGH!)

I have to admit, I sometimes miss the reckless and carefree days of irresponsibility, but honestly, I would rather be doing laundry...

....because look who I get to do them with:



0 comments: