Wednesday, September 3, 2008

What's to eat?

I am having a difficult time thinking, planning, and figuring out what to pack for school lunch and what to make for dinner. The actual making part is easy for me, it's the thinking part that is difficult. With so many factors to consider: cook time, ingredients, and more importantly the health and likability factor!

Yesterday I created my weekly meal planner in my fancy excel spreadsheet. Created my shopping list as well and on my way home, I had intended to take the boys to the supermarket with me. Just when I was about ready to get them out of the house, the image of the two boys in my shopping cart (whining, fussing, and wanting this and that) suddenly popped in my head and so I decided not to go anymore. There goes my plan and my shopping list....so I just decided to wing it again and cooked this instead.....

Fried chicken drumsticks, served with rice, and corn.

I know, I know, I went for likability over health, but the family loves it and wonder boy is crazy about it. So crazy that this morning, I packed his little thermos lunch box with rice/corn/chicken and of course ketchup! And he told me how excited he was to eat his lunch!!!!

So, today, I'm going to attempt to make a trip to the supermarket again, and maybe, just maybe, stick to my plan this time.

0 comments: