Monday, October 6, 2008

1-800-222-1222

.... is the number for Poison Control.

.... and OMG for the first time EVER - we had to call it!

I was putting the baby to bed last night when I heard hubby frantically say to wonder boy "OMG, do not eat that!".... a pause.... "here drink some water" (still frantic).

I go to the kitchen to find an almost hysterical husband who is trying to stay calm. Apparently, the boy ate, or at least tried to eat, the inside of those gel packets that you find in almost anything and everything.

The gel packet that clearly states "DO NOT EAT!". The gel packet which I have shown to the boy over and over and over again, and have told him not to eat. But if you haven't noticed, we are in the midst of a late-terrible-threes phase, so I guess he felt like he just HAD to just give it a try anyways.

So while hubby was calling THE NUMBER, I was holding the baby while trying really hard to keep calm. I stayed calm while he was on the phone. The phone call was short and brief, but was probably the longest phone call ever. Because all I wanted to do was to scream, curl up in a fetal position, and suck on my thumb!

And still I stayed calm.

Poison control said it was ok. If anything, those gel thingees are more of a choking hazard, not a poisonous hazard.

WHEW!

I hope to never have to call that number again.

. . .

0 comments: